That "Hand-Played" Rag (1914)

Video clips (historical, festivals & concerts, home recordings, Youtube videos).

That "Hand-Played" Rag (1914)

Postby Mezjuev » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 pm

The unusual That "Hand-Played" Rag from 1914, composed and published by David H. Silverman and Arthur R. Ward, here beautifully performed by Tom Brier at the West Coast Ragtime Festival 2011. Does anyone know if the printed score for this rag is available somewhere?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

RAGArds,

Oleg
Mezjuev

Re: That "Hand-Played" Rag (1914)

Postby Keeper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:42 am

It's in a book that I have, "All-American Ragtime vol. 3" (the first ragtime sheet music book I ever got). I was not able to find a copy in an online archive anywhere. I can scan it... It doesn't have the original title; the All-American Ragtime series stripped off the titles to create a more uniform appearance (though otherwise the scores are untouched, so they still have varying printing styles... making one wonder what the point was!).
Keeper

Re: That "Hand-Played" Rag (1914)

Postby Mezjuev » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 am

Keeper wrote:It's in a book that I have, "All-American Ragtime vol. 3" (the first ragtime sheet music book I ever got). I was not able to find a copy in an online archive anywhere. I can scan it... It doesn't have the original title; the All-American Ragtime series stripped off the titles to create a more uniform appearance (though otherwise the scores are untouched, so they still have varying printing styles... making one wonder what the point was!).

Thanks, Keeper! I have all 5 volumes of "All-American Ragtime" in my collection, so I should be able to find this rag here. It's a nice little tune. BTW, thanks for sharing this video! :-)

Oleg
Mezjuev

Return to Video